Thursday, October 01, 2015

Email to me describes a position of a "recruiter intern"


I did get a curious email job opening yesterday,  about a job for a recruiter intern in northern Virginia.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a position like this before.  The candidate would pre-screen applicants, manage appointments, group interviews, and so on.  The client would be civilian DOD agencies.

I had thought about trying to become a recruiter after my layoff at the end of 2001.  At the time, my leading a double life on the web was more feasible than it could be now. 

I get lots of emails for positions that really wouldn’t have matched my “official resume” even when I was still in the market some years ago.  I did deactivate my resume on Dice. There is an official version online here.  
  
I also at one time thought about doing recruiting solo, but I found out that Dice is very expensive until an agency has some scale and is large enough

  

No comments: