Thursday, November 06, 2014

Email describes Linux to mainframe conversion, requiring COBOL CICS stored procedures


I got an email about a mainframe job in downtown Minneapolis, my old haunt from more than ten years ago.  The project related to conversion of “Swift” (link ) financial statements in a Linux environment to COBOL stored procedures under CICS.  I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like this, but the opportunity is about twelve years too late for me.  The contractor is apparently Advantage Resourcing, link and the email mentioned benefits in a W2 environment.  You had to do the interview in person.  (Back a few years ago, phone interviews were common with many clients with many placement companies.)  I lived in Minneapolis from 1997-2003, last visited in 2011.  

No comments: