Wednesday, April 23, 2014

NYC non-profit trains tech graduates to code iOS applications


Vox Media is reporting that a non-profit “Coalition for Queens”, called “Access Codes” (link , has trained recent high school or college graduates to code iOS applications for iPhones.  At least 15 people got jobs starting at 72000 per year or more.
    
The article says that three-fourths of the open tech positions in New York City (about 70000) go unfilled because schools have not provided graduates with the specific skills they need.
    
I never learned any mobile programming, as I came from the very staid mainframe world, and got wired differently. I've never seen the personal value of so much instantaneous connectivity.  But I can see the need, for example, when I need to get a cab and none show up.  

No comments: