Monday, April 04, 2011

Beta testing a film festival's advanced ticket purchase system

Here’s another interesting little wrinkle.  It seems like I’m beta testing other people’s systems since “retiring”.

This month, FilmFestDC has a movie that appears twice the same day at the same venue. The software would not confirm the time or print it on my bar-coded ticket receipt.  I emailed MissionTix for support. At first, it still had me down for the wrong time.  Support had to change it manually.

So, some film festival ticketing systems may not work properly when a particular movie has more than one performance at the same place the same day.

Another annoyance is that many festivals will not let you order the same day as the movie even when there are seats available. 

MissionTix told me it would fix the problem today (Monday). 

No comments: