Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Should ISP's and sofware and anti-virus companies hire freelance consumers to work and troubleshoot products at home

Should ISP’s or telecommunications companies, operating system vendors (Microsoft and Apple), and most of all anti-virus companies hire people as freelancers at home to test their products?

I wonder, since over the years I find myself heuristically troubleshooting various kinds of problems without working for the companies I have to call for service.

For example, I’ve done boot logging, and to get around problems with transferring large files, and seen instructions on running a PC with different operating systems with a variety of diagnostic tools.

It isn’t hard to imagine that a telecommunications provider wouldn’t be interested in clients skilled with networking and examining router logs.

I do wonder if a part-time home job market like this could evolve.

No comments: