Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My own Brainbench certifications: a note


A note on my own Brainbench certifications:

Between November 2006 and April 2007 I earned certifications in COBOL, JCL, DB2, ANSI SQL and CICS. The certifications last for three years. The COBOL certification rolled off on November 20, 2009. The history of the certifications is available on my “professional” Netsol site at this link. Soon I’ll add a note to that file explaining the rolloff of certifications. (Network Solutions is a bit more complicated to log on to if you don't use it a lot, and Image Cafe isn't my first choice of a webpage editor.)

In some current circumstances, it is difficult to consider traditional contractor mainframe development assignments and take the time to recertify. I hope that will change in time. My Brainbench subscription was renewed recently.

Mainframe IT professionals will find the tests challenging. I discussed some of the background material for these subjects on this blog back in 2006.

No comments: