Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Now, tips on how I,R. pro's should use social networking sites


Today, July 8, Deb Shinder of Tech Republic wrote a posting, “10 Ways to stay out of trouble when you post to social networking sites,” with basic link here, leading to a PDF file download.

Most of the recommendations now sound familiar – particularly that what others post about you or in your space can have more effect on your reputation than what you post. The main question seemed to be mixing social life with business.

Since I spent most of my I.T. career as an “individual contributor” I didn’t have to deal with this kind of mashup much, but it seems as though I was not part of the real world that people know today. I used the Internet as a self-publishing tool, and tended to network in the real world (as with a screenwriter’s group, later).

No comments: